Raleigh is the capital city and the second largest city in the state of North Carolina as well as the seat of Wake County. Raleigh is known as the “City of Oaks” for its many oak trees. According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the city’s 2010 population was 403,892, over an area of 142.8 square miles (369.85 km²), making Raleigh currently the 43rd largest city in the United States. It is also one of the fastest growing cities in the country. The city of Raleigh is named after Sir Walter Raleigh.
Raleigh, Durham, and Chapel Hill make up the three historically primary cities of the Research Triangle metropolitan region. The regional nickname of “The Triangle” originated after the 1959 creation of the Research Triangle Park, primarily located in Durham County, four miles from Downtown Durham and encompassed on three sides by the city of Durham and roughly midway between the cities of Raleigh and Chapel Hill and the three major research universities of NC State University, Duke University, and UNC-Chapel Hill.
Most of Raleigh is located within Wake County, with a very small portion extending into Durham County. The towns of Cary, Morrisville, Garner, Clayton, Wake Forest, Apex, Holly Springs, Fuquay-Varina, Knightdale, Wendell, Zebulon, and Rolesville are some of Raleigh’s primary nearby suburbs and satellite towns.
- Fri, 18 Apr 2014 04:00:00 +0000: Triangle startups raise a disappointing $32.1 million in first quarter - NewsObserver.com -- Business
Triange startups raised $32.1 million in the first quarter, a disappointing start to the year and well below the robust numbers posted in the fourth quarter.
- Fri, 18 Apr 2014 00:00:00 +0000: Retail: The Galleria opening is a reunion in North Raleigh - NewsObserver.com -- Business
The Galleria, a market in north Raleigh with 25 specialty shop vendors, has opened and it will have a familiar feel to some Triangle shoppers.
- Thu, 17 Apr 2014 23:52:00 +0000: 4th US Navy official charged in bribery scheme - NewsObserver.com -- Business
A fourth member of the U.S. Navy has been charged with conspiracy to commit bribery in a multimillion-dollar scheme involving a Singapore-based defense contractor accused of providing cash, vacations, electronics…
- Thu, 17 Apr 2014 20:02:00 +0000: DOT worker charged in wreck that killed Tarboro officer - WRAL.com News Briefs
A state Department of Transportation truck driver was charged Thursday in connection with a Tuesday morning wreck that killed an off-duty Tarboro police officer, according to the State Highway Patrol.
- Thu, 17 Apr 2014 19:38:52 +0000: Suspect in slaying of Raleigh political strategist undergoing mental evaluation - WRAL.com News Briefs
The mental health of a suspect accused of killing a popular Democratic strategist is under evaluation, his attorney said in court Thursday.
- Thu, 17 Apr 2014 19:06:35 +0000: Trial date set in slaying of North Hills mother - WRAL.com News Briefs
A trial date has been set for the capital murder case of a 30-year-old woman who was savagely attacked in her North Hills apartment last year.
Raleigh on the Map
In 2003, the previous Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill metropolitan statistical area (MSA) was re-defined by the U.S. Office of Management and Budget, resulting in the formation of the Raleigh-Cary, NC MSA and the Durham, NC MSA.
The Research Triangle region encompasses the U.S. Census Bureau’s Combined Statistical Area (CSA) of Raleigh-Durham-Cary in the central Piedmont region of North Carolina. As of July 1, 2009 the estimated population of the Raleigh-Durham-Cary CSA was 1,742,816, while the Raleigh-Cary Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA) was estimated at 1,125,827, making it the nation’s fastest growing metropolitan area.
City of Raleigh
To learn more from the City of Raliegh, visit the Official Raleigh Website
Read more about Raleigh, NC on Wikipedia.
Incoming search terms:
- burnice antwon hinnant
- trade it
- Smithfield man shoots self behind wheel
- Swap and Shop Raleigh
- smithfield man shoots himself behind the wheel
- torrey lamont anderson raleigh nc
- joshua todd proutey
- sonja denise franks raleigh nc
- barter exchange raleigh nc
- raleigh trading sites
Share and Enjoy
- My Fast and Safe Lincoln Purchase – gdrtrader.com
- Bartering is on the Upswing
- Internet Marketing Tips That Get Big Results!
- I need more cash business, why should I trade?
- How does a barter exchange make money?