Raleigh is the capital city and the second largest city in the state of North Carolina as well as the seat of Wake County. Raleigh is known as the “City of Oaks” for its many oak trees. According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the city’s 2010 population was 403,892, over an area of 142.8 square miles (369.85 km²), making Raleigh currently the 43rd largest city in the United States. It is also one of the fastest growing cities in the country. The city of Raleigh is named after Sir Walter Raleigh.
Raleigh, Durham, and Chapel Hill make up the three historically primary cities of the Research Triangle metropolitan region. The regional nickname of “The Triangle” originated after the 1959 creation of the Research Triangle Park, primarily located in Durham County, four miles from Downtown Durham and encompassed on three sides by the city of Durham and roughly midway between the cities of Raleigh and Chapel Hill and the three major research universities of NC State University, Duke University, and UNC-Chapel Hill.
Most of Raleigh is located within Wake County, with a very small portion extending into Durham County. The towns of Cary, Morrisville, Garner, Clayton, Wake Forest, Apex, Holly Springs, Fuquay-Varina, Knightdale, Wendell, Zebulon, and Rolesville are some of Raleigh’s primary nearby suburbs and satellite towns.
- Thu, 24 Apr 2014 17:37:00 +0000: Manufacturers see better times for economy, jobs - NewsObserver.com -- Business
Big companies are finally starting to spend money, and that could mean a better economy and more jobs are on the way.
- Thu, 24 Apr 2014 17:15:00 +0000: Three coupon books coming in Sundays N&O - NewsObserver.com -- Business
Look for three coupon inserts -- one Red Plum, the May P&G and a huge Smart Source -- in this Sunday's home-delivered Final Edition of The News & Observer. Plus,
- Thu, 24 Apr 2014 15:17:00 +0000: Party with freebies on your birthday - NewsObserver.com -- Business
A birthday on the calendar doesn’t have to be a budget buster. Your celebrations can be on the house, courtesy of your friends in corporate America. If you’re willing to…
- Thu, 24 Apr 2014 19:35:36 +0000: FTCC receives $10,000 grant to help veterans - WRAL.com News Briefs
Fayetteville Technical Community College has received a $10,000 grant to construct an on-campus center for veterans.
- Thu, 24 Apr 2014 19:08:06 +0000: Durham man arrested for 15th time - WRAL.com News Briefs
A Durham man was arrested for the 15th time Wednesday after sheriff's deputies found a stolen gun and drugs in his home.
- Thu, 24 Apr 2014 15:28:20 +0000: Three new flu-related deaths reported in NC - WRAL.com News Briefs
Three North Carolina residents died from flu-related illnesses last week, according to figures released Thursday by the state Department of Health and Human Services.
Raleigh on the Map
In 2003, the previous Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill metropolitan statistical area (MSA) was re-defined by the U.S. Office of Management and Budget, resulting in the formation of the Raleigh-Cary, NC MSA and the Durham, NC MSA.
The Research Triangle region encompasses the U.S. Census Bureau’s Combined Statistical Area (CSA) of Raleigh-Durham-Cary in the central Piedmont region of North Carolina. As of July 1, 2009 the estimated population of the Raleigh-Durham-Cary CSA was 1,742,816, while the Raleigh-Cary Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA) was estimated at 1,125,827, making it the nation’s fastest growing metropolitan area.
City of Raleigh
To learn more from the City of Raliegh, visit the Official Raleigh Website
Read more about Raleigh, NC on Wikipedia.
Incoming search terms:
- burnice antwon hinnant
- trade it
- Smithfield man shoots self behind wheel
- Swap and Shop Raleigh
- smithfield man shoots himself behind the wheel
- torrey lamont anderson raleigh nc
- joshua todd proutey
- sonja denise franks raleigh nc
- barter exchange raleigh nc
- raleigh trading sites
Share and Enjoy
- My Fast and Safe Lincoln Purchase – gdrtrader.com
- Bartering is on the Upswing
- Internet Marketing Tips That Get Big Results!
- I need more cash business, why should I trade?
- How does a barter exchange make money?